Clermont Northeastern Schools would like to congratulate Cliff Riley, Class of 1966, for being inducted into the prestigious Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame. Mr. Riley is the only CNE Graduate to be inducted into the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame.
The Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame recognizes the efforts of Ohio’s outstanding, distinguished men and women who have worn the uniform of our nation’s armed forces and then continue to contribute to their communities, state and nation through exceptional acts of volunteerism, advocacy, professional distinction, public service, and philanthropy.
Members of the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame include 6 former United States Presidents, 350 Medal of Honor Recipients, US Supreme Court Justices, as well as astronauts Neil Armstrong and John Glenn.
Below are just a few of Mr. Riley’s many accomplishments:
- Served in Vietnam as a member of the United States Army, 1966-1969.
- Lobbied to have the GI Bill educational benefits restored to WWII levels after being cut.
- Lobbied to get the Agent Orange Act of 1991 passed.
- His lobbying efforts help pass the Toxic Exposure Research Act of 2015-16 for current era veterans.
- As President of the Buckeye State Council for Vietnam Veterans of America he led the Agent Orange and PTSD Seminars across Ohio.
- One of the original and longest active members of VVA Chapter 649
- Currently serving as Ohio President, Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Has served 19 years on the Clermont County Veterans Service Commission.
Additionally, Mr. Riley was instrumental in having the Military Wall of Honor installed at CNE High School and has spoken on numerous occasions to our students. He is truly a treasured member of our community. Congratulations, Mr. Riley!