August 4, 2020
Dear High School Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! We are very excited to have you and your child as part of the CNE High School Family. We would like to send out a special welcome to the class of 2024! Our teachers and staff have been busy preparing all summer and we are looking forward to another amazing, although different looking, school year.
Parents please be sure to fill out the Return to Learn survey on our website by Monday, August 10th. You can fill out the survey by visiting https://forms.gle/mhULLUNvXjcT...
This school year will present many unique challenges but please know we are working hard to make this school year as engaging and enjoyable for your child as possible. We encourage you to review the High School’s Return to Learning Plan with your child prior to the start of school. Students and families will notice a number of changes in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Masks are required to be worn in the building at all times. Exceptions are while eating and drinking, and when 6 feet of distance is possible in the classroom with teacher permission. Governor Dewine required masks for all students (K-12) on August 4th, we are following the State of Ohio’s mandate.
- Students will have their temperatures taken during 1st period.
- Students should bring a water bottle from home. The water fountains will be closed but the water bottle filling stations will be open.
- Students can pack their own lunches but microwaves will not be available as we start the school year.
- Food from fast food restaurants cannot be dropped off to students.
- To prevent overcrowding, students will not be permitted to use the restroom during class change. Teachers will be provide time for students to use the restroom during class.
Academic success for all of our students is the goal of every staff member at CNE High School. If we can be of any assistance to you or your child please contact us at any time. We have included information about upcoming events below. You can stay up to date with the latest events by visiting our website (www.cneschools.org), by following us on Facebook and on Twitter @CNEHighSchool.
You can view the High School’s Return to Learning Plan at https://www.cneschools.org/o/clermont-northeastern-schools/page/return-to-learn-2020
Important dates for the start of school:
Virtual Parent Meeting for Athletics: Date TBD based on updated OHSAA guidelines
Virtual Freshman Orientation: August 14th more information to follow
First Day of School: August 24th, 1st period begins at 7:20 a.m.
**We will not be a holding a traditional Open House this year. The District will be hosting a Virtual Open House, more information to follow.
School Hours Will Remain
7:20a.m. – 2:03p.m.
We have had to make changes to some student schedules based on teacher changes and class sizes. We will be mailing home updated schedules on Friday, August 14th. Students can also view their schedule online through ProgressBook as well.
The High School Supply List can be found at https://5il.co/ig19
The District will continue to use an online program, Final Forms, for Emergency Medical Forms, etc. Please visit the Final Forms website to update your child’s emergency contact information -- https://clermont-oh.finalforms.com