The entire High School Staff is incredibly excited to start the 2019-20 school year and we are looking forward to welcoming your child back on Monday, August 19th. We have a number of events planned to help students start the year off on a positive note and propel us into a great school year.
Monday, August 19th
- 7:20a: The 2019-20 School Year officially begins!
- 7:30a – 9:00a: Class Meetings
- 3rd – 7th Periods: Each class will start with a 10 minute review of a specific aspect of the Rocket Way.
Tuesday, August 20th
- 7:30a-10:30a - Motivational Speaker Nick Jackson (https://www.nickjacksonspeaks.com/) will lead an empowering and engaging assembly for all students. The event will focus on creating a positive school climate and goal setting for the upcoming school year. Mr. Jackson will also be doing presentations throughout the week in the Elementary and Middle Schools.
Wednesday, August 21st
- Stephan Smith from A Wired Family (https://awiredfamily.org/) will hold Digital Footprint and Social Media Awareness Presentations for all students.
- 8:00a – 9:00a: Freshman and Sophomores
- 9:00a – 10:00a: Juniors and Seniors
- The Rocket Way Team will also hold class meetings while students are not in the assembly.
Thursday, August 22nd
- On Mondays last school year all periods started with a classroom circle. The circles either focused on a specific topic or helped to review/preview what the students were learning. Each class on Thursday will start with a classroom circle on a specific topic (Respect, Empathy, Prepared for Class, etc). We will continue our normal routine of starting all classes on Mondays with a classroom circle on August 26th. The goal of the classroom circle is to develop a positive classroom environment and build relationships. The circles typically last 5 minutes.
Friday, August 23rd
- 7:30a: Senior Panoramic
- 8:00a: Student Pictures
- We will also hold a Safety Drill and a Fire Drill.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions